Why You'll Love This Job
If you are just starting out in your career and would enjoy advancing with a unique pharmaceutical company as a traveling MAP Pharmacy Consultant, Apothecare is your next destination.
You will never be bored in this ever-evolving entry level MAP Pharmacy Consultant position as you travel throughout the state, visiting a variety of healthcare facilities, sharing your library of knowledge. Learn new on-the-job skills that will benefit you as you climb the Apothecare career ladder. Enjoy working independently while also being an important part of a solid team that will support you as you discover your newfound strengths. Have the support of industry experts who will guide you as you continue to hone your craft through gained experience and continuing education opportunities. In this role, you can be confident that you are backed by a caring management team. In addition, you will have the peace of mind achieved through excellent insurance benefits, generous paid time off, paid sick leave and a great 401k retirement plan.
Apply for Apothecare's MAP Pharmacy Consultant position today to build a solid career with a trend-setting company that is headed full-speed into the future.
MAP Pharmacy Consultant Responsibilities
- Travel to customer residences and facility sites as needed
- Provide medication-related education including medication safety, administration, and documentation
- Conduct label audits to help ensure compliance with facility and customer needs
- Meet with new customers and assist with onboarding as required
- Maintain working relationship with agencies and perform customer outreach to ensure services provided meet or exceed needs
- Assist in resolution of client/patient concerns and complaints, and refer to pharmacist for client/patient counseling as needed
- Pursue continuing education programs appropriate to job responsibilities
- Communicate with medical professionals with regard to client/patient medication where required and appropriate within scope
MAP Pharmacy Consultant Qualifications
- Current knowledge of all applicable state and federal pharmacy laws, rules and regulations
- Medication Administration Program certified or willing to obtain
- Active registered Pharmacist licensure in Massachusetts
- Flexible/willing to travel throughout the state 80% of the time
- Problem solver, able to identify issues, develops and implements solutions
- Ability to organize and plan appropriately
- Valid DL and reliable transportation
- Minimum of two years experience as a pharmacist in a long-term care facility a plus
job number: 19850